Pretty much every year since 2015, I have been in the land of the rising sun, one of those few countries I love the most and I also call it home.
This year, I visited Japan during rainy season and I forgot how annoying yet nice it could get. I didn’t see a lot of sunny days yet the climate was decent. What sucked was that I had to change couple of my plans but that’s all in a the massive span of three weeks.
Anyway, I would like to share some things that have never happened with me before in Japan.
- Not once before have so, I mean SOOO many people told me my Japanese is so good and how come I speak so well.
- The JR staff at one of the stations came to the platform and said good bye to me until i lost sight of him from the train.
- My neighbour at Kabuki, lent me her binoculars for a bit since our seats were high up.
- One of the guesthouse owner came picked me up at the station way before the planned time, took me to the southernmost point of the main land, then arranged a party with some of his friends, took me for sightseeing early next morning and saw me off until my train left.
- My boss took me to see the lavender fields by car even though I thought I had seen them before.
- Another guesthouse owner put me in an empty dorm room so it would my own room.
- My friend took me on a bike ride through Shinjuku and Shibuya.
- I met most of the Japanese I met in Auroville, again in Tokyo over a curry party.
What has blown your mind away or made your day? Comment below .